Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Not So Picture Perfect

It has taken some time to come to terms with what my life has become.  And while I have accepted what my life is for quite some time now, it is still difficult to rip away the pretty facade and expose the face of abuse . . .

I am the face of abuse . . .

I write here to share my story.  I can't promise it will always be censored.  I can't promise it will be pretty and neat and orderly.  I can't promise it'll always make sense.  But, I can promise it'll be real as I share my ride on the roller coaster of the abusive relationship, as I explore how I got on this ride, and contemplate how to get off . . .

Because the nature of this blog is so personal, I originally made it a private blog viewable by invitation only.  Since that time, I have chosen to make it public, in the hopes that it will reach far more women in situations similar to mine.  Before making this public, I have changed all names for the sake of privacy.  I also deleted all comments that referenced any of us by our actual names.  The active persons in this blog are Jim (the husband), Abigail (the wife), and Samuel (the son).

5 comments:

  1. I feel quite honored to be asked to join you on this journey, and be considered your friend. As always, remember that I'm here for you, and if there's anything more that I can do to help you along your way, you know that you can consider it done. In the meantime, I'll be waiting in the wings and watching as you grow and evolve, praying for your safety and sanity along the way, while remaining merely a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I think it's so healthy and brave of you to be willing to open up about something that is so personal and painful. Thank you for letting me be a part of your journey. And I will be praying for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not have had an opportunity to meet you in person, but I will always be by your side. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I'm a lil late gettin' to read this. Thanks for the ad! I was readin' the things you wrote on the heart shaped paper and I too setteled as you well know! It's amazin' at how picky I thought i was back then and yet I still setteled and ended up in a relationship much like yours. Sigh.....If only I could go back to the time when you and I were 2 gigglin' 15 yr olds in Health class and drill into our heads NOT TO EVER SETTLE! If only.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here for moral support! I love that you are finally speaking up about it and I look forward to seeing positive progress in your life...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete